Finding a good holder for your dog’s leash can be quite an ordeal. There are plenty of dog leash holders out there but finding the right one can be a really big deal.
There are also holders that do not just fit your likes. There are also good holders that you may like but they would just not be too friendly for your pocket. And so, the next thing you do is you do not go and buy any holder at all.
You end up having quite a huge amount of leashes for your dog and they are just scattered all around the house since you do not have a holder for them.
Now, here is something that should suit your fancy. This is a really simple holder for all of the leashes that you have at home and it is also going to be quite inexpensive as well.
Oh yes. That is true. This is because the main thing that you would be using for this one would be a twig or a small branch that you can find just outside your home or maybe in the park.
Plus, it is easy to make. It would be very personalized and you will love having it in your home.
The things that you will need
- One branch or twig that is quite strong or sturdy. Just make sure that you would be getting one that is not from an area that is protected by the government. Your backyard or the nearby forest can be a good source for this.
- One pack of S hooks. You can find these at stores that offer hardware supplies. To find the right size, you can measure the branch that you have chosen. Or you can go and bring the branch with you if you want to. That way, you can easily find the right size. The S hooks should be able to sit well and snug on the branch that you have chosen.
- Any color of acrylic paint. Choose the one that you think would work best for your home.
- Spray paint that is gold and metallic in color.
- Glass varnish that is polyurethane.
- Some masking tape.
How to make the leash holder
- Get some masking tape and make a line wrapped around the branch. It should be around 2-3 inches away from the end. With the acrylic paint, paint until you reach the tape.
- When the paint has dried, take off the masking tape. Paint the whole branch using the clear varnish.
- Get the S hooks. Paint them using spray paint. Let the paint dry. It is up to you what color would be good.
- When the varnish is dry, you can now attach the hooks. If the hooks are snug, then there is no need to secure them. If they are not, then use glue to make sure that they do not move about.
- Get two nails and use these to secure the branch on the wall where you would like your holder to be. You can also add more nails beneath the holder to keep it even more secure.